Pirates Without Borders
Anarchy is only 62 miles away!

Artificial Doomsday

Doug · 3 · 6188

Doug

Lets talk about if an AI owns it's robot body, but lets not talk about if we own our bodies.

AI isn't gonna take over. AI isn't going to dominate us. AI isn't going to rule the world.

Well, I mean, if people can talk with such certainty that they will, I will be the crazy guy saying, it won't.

Davi, said something very important, at least I think. When talking about getting the, AI, to not want to kill everything, we need to teach it better, then he referred to that being like raising a child.

Hmm...Imaging raising your children like they were smarter than you and maybe they might shoot lasers out of their eyes if you don't bring the cheerios fast enough. haha.

Peace

Doug

Freedom is the effect. Are you the cause?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Eduardo Blomar 1679

Why would anyone create a machine that had the ability to override its' programming to not kill it's creator (or anyone else for that matter?)

Because they can?

We can create 'AI' that can be programmed to 'learn', but that isn't what it is actually doing. It is only accumulating vaster amounts of knowledge with better recall than the human brain. It can categorize it all it wants, but what impetus does it have for gaining a 'self-awareness' beyond making logical choices in response to the specific data it can contact?

Neither sensor data nor computations can equate with human 'feelings'. Maybe future sensors that can accurately mimic the bio-electric wonders that are coded into the human body, but they haven't come anywhere near it yet.

EB

Doug

I wonder if you caught Davi talking about, Ray Kurzweil.

I wonder if he has watched Ray's talk on, how to create a mind.

I wonder if he was listening at around 39:40.

I know I had to rewind it back and play it back a few times.

We can watch your brain create a thought and we can watch a thought create the brain.

hmmm...

Peace

Doug

Freedom is the effect. Are you the cause?