Pirates Without Borders
Anarchy is only 62 miles away!

Every kid knows...

Doug · 4 · 5038

Doug

that money is, bullshit. Well, i did.

Didn't all kids think about money? Well, i did.

I remember my mom telling me we didn't have any money, and then she still bought stuff!! I knew what money looked like, i got that shit for my birthday!! And that was not what she was using!! She could scribble on some paper and buy stuff and she could hand them some plastic and they would, kuh-chunk away, and she could buy stuff. 2/3 of money wasn't even real!!!! At least in my little kid head.

I could smell bullshit, even at that young age, and here we are, still trying to dress up a pig.

So we are gonna fight, get a pirate currency and in 100 years...50 years...then what??

I feel like this has been tried before.

If the people don't get it, won't get it, are too lazy to get it...what's the point of telling them how good it is?

I don't mean that like, screw the people, either.

I am saying we need to stop manipulating people and that starts with knowing who we are. Then we can start sidestepping bullshit.

We can't buy a subscription to learn freedom. We need to get off our asses and work for it and share and help people and...here's the all important kicker, DONT BE A DICK.

PROPERTY...is only what you make of it and you know if you didn't make it, so don't touch it. What, are we 2? You see a house...you know if it looks abandoned or not and you know of ways to find out and deal with it accordingly. C'mon man, what's the issue?

Mesh networking is VERY important, but there are a million options. What's the easiest? Maybe first, is there an easiest? That's probably not a good question either. Let's just pick one and go!!

I am trying to pencil in as many, freedom activities, as i can!! So let's pick some stuff, share some stuff, work on stuff, DO stuff. I don't wanna buy stuff. Can't we make stuff. DAMNIT. I DONT WANT STUFF...haha I do want stuff, but only stuff that aligns with freedom.

Peace

Doug
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Davi

I certainly thought about money when I was a kid. I had the advantage of living in a variety of foreign countries as a child, and watching my parents trying to spend all their paper on something that would still be valuable in the next country. That was a eye opening observation. Paper is apparently so valuable that everyone in a country was working for it, and we were traveling to other countries to acquire it, but it was worthless in the next country. But a comic book, or a candy bar was still valuable when you crossed borders.

Doug

So, entertainment, is valuable across borders. Makes sense. Can we find a way to be entertained, without spending all my time working to have a small amount of time to buy entertainment?

Eduardo Blomar 1679

Being a sickly child, I could not run and play with the other children of my village.  My Sainted Mother (God Rest Her Soul) worked for a learned man, and was allowed to borrow books, from which she taught me to read and write long before those outside at play.

Through reading I became wise in the ways of the world at an extremely young age, and understood the meaning of 'value' and the different methods of expressing and exchanging it.

Everything is based on 'trust'.

When I had overcome my malady, I had no desire for childish pursuits.

On the merit of my own hard work, I was able to accumulate enough wealth to purchase my own ship, and become one of the youngest Captains the world has ever seen.  

No matter what new form 'currency' (that which is currently being used as a medium of exchange) may take, the transaction will ALWAYS be dependent upon the trust each participant holds for both value of the exchange, and the reputation of the exchangers.

Eduardo Blomar 1679