Pirates Without Borders
Anarchy is only 62 miles away!

Silly question...

Doug · 12 · 28882

Doug

Something i have been thinking about this morning.

Are habits where we plant knowledge to grow wisdom?

Also...how does money affect my habits?

What happens when i create a habit without knowing it?

Peace

Doug
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Eduardo Blomar 1679

'Habits' come in five varieties:

Tells

Affectations

Intentions

Acquired Habits

Ingrained Habits

Tells are subconscious.

Affectations are what pleases us individually.

Intentions are what we do on purpose every time which we believe is right so as to 'plant knowledge to grow wisdom'.

Acquired Habits can be intentional or subconscious, but come from repetitive action when an instance reoccurs.

Ingrained Habits are those which become reflex; only too often this is where the Seeds of Our Own Destruction are sown.

'Money' affects our habits in direct proportion to the importance we allow it to have in our individual lives.

Positive habits generate good feelings and positive feedback from the World around us. Bad habits lead down dark paths. Self-awareness can be rewarding or full of denial - it all depends on the person.

Eduardo

Doug

'Money' affects our habits in direct proportion to the importance we allow it to have in our individual lives.

I agree, but i think it goes deeper than that.

Everything we buy with money is an answer to a problem.

Hunger...buy food

Wants... entertainment

Security...guns...locks...house...

Etc...

In order to get money, most of us will have to work at a job. This cuts down on most of our time.

So when we use money to buy things are we planting any knowledge about that thing? Or do we just know we can buy things.

Woodchuck Pirate

There is never dialogue (flow of meaning) between ego and true self, as true self arises as ego dies.  

Ego is always dysfunctional, collective ego is enhanced dysfunction.  

It appears the "habit" Doug's ego is identifying in story as "money", speaks to the concept of "Pain-body" explained by Eckhart Tolle.  Ego is not real, it is story.  True self is not "habitual".  

Woodchuck Pirate

aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

Doug

Is ego always dysfunctional?

I would think an ego could be in a state of dysfunction, but it would have some purpose. Or is it like the tonsils, cut it out!!! Hahaha

Woodchuck Pirate

Quote from: Doug post_id=98 time=1509377307 user_id=56

Is ego always dysfunctional?

I would think an ego could be in a state of dysfunction, but it would have some purpose. Or is it like the tonsils, cut it out!!! Hahaha

The ego is a biological mechanism of the mind.  The ego is not real, but it wants to be real.  Ego is just story, and can't be real.  Ego-misidentification is the core cause of mankind's suffering.  Thoughts are autonomic like breathing.  To say "I think" is as saying "I breathe".  The role of true self is to study thoughts as third person, evaluate and either validate or invalidate thoughts.  You are not your thoughts.  The ego manufactures thoughts constantly until a conscious person kills the ego and true self arises.  However the human life-form always resurrects the ego automatically, and the cycle repeats until the inevitable rescue of death.  Consciousness does not require beliefs or even thoughts.  Life is existence.  Form is the art of living.  I am inclined to kill my ego whenever I recognize it.  I am not a story.  I am no-"thing".  I simply "am".  True self arises as ego dies.  Ego is the enemy.  Enlightenment can not be withheld or given away.  It can only be accepted from within.  This is the original state from birth.  As Eckhart Tolle explains introducing his work, nothing he has to say is anything you don't already know, however you may discover what you have forgotten.  

The "purpose" of ego as you hope to cling to is ego-misidentification.  If you have succumbed to the indoctrination(s) you are conditioned to maintain a relationship with the story you have built in your head about who you are.  The knee-jerk reaction of ego when challenged is fear and hostility.  People who are densely suffering from ego-misidentification can feel like they are dying when they start to perceive that the story isn't real.  For if the story isn't real then maybe they aren't real.  When I used to drink I used to act quite cruel especially toward role models of violent society such as policemen.  I would challenge their ego with philosophy illuminating cognitive dissonance etc simply because they were so vulnerable.  I tell you this so that you may know the enemy (ego), because ego-misidentification manifests unconscious behavior which has serious consequences in the real world.  For me going "above the grid" is an admission that misanthropy is rational.  Enlightenment can not be withheld or given away.  To see the enemy is to leave it.  Altruism remains the philosophy of death.  

Enjoy your day.  

Woodchuck Pirate

Doug

" Consciousness does not require beliefs or even thoughts. "

You had me up until the thoughts part. Without thoughts, how could, form be the art of living? Aren't thoughts necessary for the contextualization of art?

Does the ego need to die or is it a tool?

I am a self.

"

The role of true self is to study thoughts as third person, evaluate and either validate or invalidate thoughts. You are not your thoughts"

If i am studying thoughts in the third person, this would require honesty?

Could honesty balance ego?

Do thoughts contain a creative force?

Can i use my thoughts to shape who i am?

Peace

Doug

Woodchuck Pirate

Quote from: Doug post_id=102 time=1509380667 user_id=56

You had me up until the thoughts part.

Sophistry.  It is irrational to seek the conversion of others.  

Woodchuck Pirate

Doug

Crap. Ok... Thoughts are bad.

Can you clarify what a thought is, for me?

Woodchuck Pirate

Quote from: Doug post_id=107 time=1509382392 user_id=56

Can you clarify what a thought is, for me?

Of course I can, but I'm not an altruist.  

Here's something instead:

https://youtu.be/BFBjY_Kj2ko

By the way I trained with Dean Witter at the world trade center in NYC in 1995 as a series 7 licensed registered rep.  I quit working as a broker in 2000 prior to the dot com bubble burst.  If and when you decide to get serious feel free to ask me questions.  

Woodchuck Pirate

Doug

Double dang it.

Do you have a non-video way for me to understand?

Doug

Oh. It's a song. I read the lyrics. He said, dang, too! Haha.

I am not sure how this clarifies what a thought is, though.

Was there a point you wanted to convey?

I think voting doesn't work either, if that helps any.

Peace

Doug