Pirates Without Borders
Anarchy is only 62 miles away!

Pirate Communications (Republic Broadcasting)

SteveOBrien

In the next few weeks we will build on Ernests show with Eric Anderson on Wed Dec 27 2017.

Archive here:  https://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Media/231828-2017-12-27-12-27-2017-eric-anderson-eijah-pirate-communications-video-mp3s.htm

This ground breaking show will have reverberations, Just watch and see, support Pirate Communications as you can.

The Texas Pirates

Sunday December 30th 8:00am CST - 10:00am CST

Primer on Pirate Communications

Network: Republicbroadcasting.org

Show url: http://republicbroadcasting.org/the-republic-of-texas-radio-w-steve-obrien/

Sunday January 7th 8:30am CST - 10:00am CST

Guest: Eric Anderson ( https://www.demonsaw.com/ )

Network: Republicbroadcasting.org

Show url: http://republicbroadcasting.org/the-republic-of-texas-radio-w-steve-obrien/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

SteveOBrien

Keeping Communications private requires full disclosure, if possible. I cant interpret a chip schematic or read code for that mater, but someone can.

Some areas of software I like are.

https://www.debian.org/

https://www.gnu.org/home.en.html

We are now entering the hardware phase, pay attention and add on if you have information.

Small devices will rule the privacy world, me thinks.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2046232/top-opensource-pcs.html

Doug

I have not had a chance to listen to the shows yet, please forgive me if I am off topic.

I have an old EEE pc that I have debian running on.

I have an asus chromebook, that I bought to install libreboot and debian, but does that really matter with a trusted program module?

I like the EEE pc because I can take it apart. Not that I really know what I am doing, but that is what the internet is for, right? haha

I keep thinking that I don't know a lot about computers, then I watch people pull out the tab in the point of sale machine that clearly states, Don't put card here, and put their card in and stare at it when it doesn't work. Then they take it out and try the same thing again.

I know enough to get by and I know how to follow instructions.

I don't want, Grandma Just Buttons.

I want to know what I am doing.

Privacy seems like a silly notion, when it comes to technology.

I can always pull my friend off to the side and whisper in their ear, but then I have to hope that information stays with them. Damn, even in real life, private communication is hard.

I am not afraid of learning.

I am just trying to look in the right direction.

Peace

Doug

Freedom is the effect. Are you the cause?

Doug

I have a Galaxy S3 (i9300) that I put Replicant on, but what good is that if I still have to use a cell service?

I don't have a lot of technical knowledge, but if there is an installation guide, I can do it.

The internet has helped me rip apart many of my electronics and play around, plus I have learned a few things along the way.

Instead of, private communication, how about, simple easy communication that we can build ourselves?

I am hung up on the idea that, private communication, is impossible. I mean, it is really really hard to do in real life!! Once you say it....it's out there. We don't even have to say anything and we are broadcasting information.

Oh well...

Wouldn't be the first time I have been wrong.

Peace

Doug

Doug

Can we take over the 1g network?

https://gizmodo.com/it-only-costs-400-to-build-your-own-cell-phone-network-1791282980

peace

Doug

SteveOBrien

Doug

#I have not had a chance to listen to the shows yet, please forgive me if I am off topic.

The shows have a lot of information and none at all, it depends on who hears it and their Tech level.

#I have an old EEE pc that I have debian running on.

#I have an asus chromebook, that I bought to install libreboot and debian, but does that really matter #with a trusted program module?

Chrome Books are a product of google to get in to the PC marketplace, it was their second commercial Operating system, their first being Android witch is hailed as the most closed open source operating system ever. They are the kings of you cant see that and how it works.

The important part of this is that you were able to get debian installed and see what it is like. I do not have much trust in any hardware and less in anything called "Trusted Program Module". Debian is religious about opened software, software you can see and inspect, modify and reuse. The software code in debian has changed the world and will continue in the coming years.

#I like the EEE pc because I can take it apart. Not that I really know what I am doing, but that is #what the internet is for, right? haha

Yep, thats what it is for to learn and experiment.

#I keep thinking that I don't know a lot about computers,

You know more than most, but you knew that.

#Privacy seems like a silly notion, when it comes to technology.

Yes it is a silly notion, but it can be possible in theory.

#I can always pull my friend off to the side and whisper in their ear, but then I have to hope that #information stays with them.

I see two things here.

1 Trust in relationships, yep thats hard. Who can you trust and who you cant. How do you decide is a deep subject.

2 When you pull your friend off to the side and whisper in their ear, you could be observed transferring information. That would raise a flag if someone wanted to know what was said in a whisper.

#Damn, even in real life, private communication is hard.

Yup, for sure.

#I have a Galaxy S3 (i9300) that I put Replicant on, but what good is that if I still have to use a #cell service?

It was only good for the experience and your learning. You could use the "Replicant" operating system on your phone to connect to wifi and use it as a computer but the hardware you have no knowledge of might use the wifi to communicate what you are doing to a party that wants to know.

This is why the push to opened hardware is out there. Hardware that is committed to you and software that is too.

#I don't have a lot of technical knowledge, but if there is an installation guide, I can do it.

#The internet has helped me rip apart many of my electronics and play around, plus I have learned a few #things along the way.

You are on a great path as far as I am concerned. I learned everything I know by building on what is out there, after a while you get the just. Teachers are great, the right ones that is but hands on doing is the best.

#Instead of, private communication, how about, simple easy communication that we can build ourselves?

Big question in one sentence. Facebook is the communications system of this planet in 2018, it can do everything you want at a cost. All the other players want a piece of their actions and make it hard to get truly UN-conditionaly free communications. I could type for days on this subject, but I hate typing, sorry.

#I am hung up on the idea that, private communication, is impossible. I mean, it is really really hard

#to do in real life!! Once you say it....it's out there. We don't even have to say anything and we are #broadcasting information.

Well, we are not in control. Its happening all around us, freedom finds a way.

Steve

Doug

I started listening to your podcast, the episode you recommended to me.

Before Eric came on and you guys were talking about how all the computers are screwed, it got me thinking.

If everything is fucked, why run?

If the Free State Project, can get a bunch of people to move to the cold, why can't we pick one thing and work on it, when it comes to technology?

This is where, centralization, isn't the devil, if we all worked on one thing, we could get done a lot faster. Seems kinda dumb, I know.

If 1G cell network is a ghost town, why don't we build our own mini towers and start from there?

We can't do this, it's not private enough.

we can't do that, it's not blah blah blah...

Are we really shooting for perfect?

I will take the beat up piece of shit car. I am working for freedom, not a sports car. haha

peace

Doug

sancus

I'm surprised I've not seen Invisible Internet Project (https://geti2p.net) mentioned on these boards. You can have secure content hosting, email, even instant messaging and VOIP with this tech.

Does anyone on this forum use this?

Doug

I had loaded it on one of my computers once. I don't know what I am doing most of the time. haha

I just loaded, openbsd, onto an old eeepc that I have. Again, I don't know what I am doing, but what better way to learn, right?

I am not much for get my computer to say, hello world, a million times. I need to jump right into the middle of it and figure out what is going on.

I am going to try and build a cardboard laptop with a, is it beagleboard/beaglebone black, I can't ever remember.

Why aren't there more modular laptop kits?

Peace

Doug

Ernest Hancock

When you guys are ready to report on your efforts and promote what you are doing then please send me an email Publisher@FreedomsPhoenix.com and we'll schedule a radio show to talk about it.

Thanks for the efforts.

Peace,

Ernie

Caly

Hi guys

First of, anonymity and communication integrity is totally possible, but requires some level of expertise and systems think.

The guys over at Fort Galt in Chile (No, not Galt's gulch), is working on a decentralized cellphone service coupled with block-chain technology. They're also into other forms of long range communication.

With modern SDR (Software Defined Radio) any type of radio transceiver is possible, so long as the right amplifier and antenna is used. Setting up a pirate cellphone tower or creating your own pirate cellphone network is now almost kids play. Also remember that HF/CB radio bands for amateur radio is readily available,

Personally I play around with long range WiFi stuff for kicks and learning penetration testing as a tech-nomad skill.

Purism is soon to release Librem 5, a very secure phone highly anticipated in the geekosphere.

Blackphone and GeeksPhone are other projects working with PrivatOS that might interest you.

When using alternative operating systems for android devices, the most important thing to consider is to get a popular common phone that the operating system you choose have a good group of maintainers for. Some models have dedicated individual doing great just solo, but try to find this out before choosing phone or OS.

There are apps that will give out false GPS positioning, which at least helps so long as your phone is not triangulating cell towers while connected to a mobile net. Try to find an app that lets you toggle the mobile services on and off, and test that it works on your phone. Obviously using a VPN service when connecting over WiFi helps a lot.

A lot comes down to not using cloud services, but internalize as much data as possible, don't use mobile apps from google, adobe, youtube, facebook, twitter, whatsapp, skype or similar proprietary stuff, instead use their websites by using a browser set to request computer version of the websites. When possible use Matrix, KeyBase, Signal or Telegram for communication instead. Many XMPP clients are safe as well, such as Jabber. Rooting your phone makes you able to have full control of your pone and even Android can be made to behave safely, with the right root-apps, to have full control of what program are allowed to do what and what sensors it can use, and prompt you before using them, etc.

There has been several Linux based attempts at making systems for utterly paranoid people, but nothing comes even remotely close to Cubes OS, which entirely compartmentalize everything and anything you want. it's what I run on my penetration testing rig, A so called "GhostPad", a ThinkPad custom built by our fellow Voluntaryist and Agorist, Jamin Biconik, who have either physically replaced or circumvented various proprietary hardware parts, installed an Open Source BIOS alternative (seaBIOS plus Cooreboot/Libreboot) and sent it with Cubes, plus a bootable USB-stick with Tails as a proper amnesic option.

As a technical translator I work with the FreedomBox project, the pet project of Eben Moglen, the guy who drafted the original GPL licences. A Debian based OS and software stack made to run on small hardware or even tiny plug servers, devices like RasperryPi, Olimex boards, and alike (but works on any computer), as a home router, firewall and server that hosts all your personal data and services, such as mail, torrent-tracker, ftp-server, wiki, websites, tor nodes, and much more. this keeps all your personal data juridically under a different domain, as a search-warrant would be needed to access the data you keep in your own home. All this is strictly Open Source of course.
\"This is the best possible time to be alive, when almost everything you thought you knew, is wrong.\"