Pirates Without Borders
Anarchy is only 62 miles away!

Freedom is only 62 miles straight up... BULLSHIT!

Spartacus

Ernie's fond of saying that freedom is only 62 miles straight up... because some government dictator has declared the limits of "their" territoriality to end at 62 miles from their claimed land mass.   Does it make ANY sense at all that you will allow someone else to define YOUR freedom?  Huh?  Huh?  Huh?   Come on now.   Get real.

It's the same reason I'm not buying any of Ernie's latest best friend selling "legal" methods of compliance with the I.R.S. rulings on crypto.   All I have to do is TELL THEM everything I'm doing and, pinky swear, they'll never change the laws and eat me for lunch.   Right.  

To quote Ernie,  if the can, they WILL!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Davi

You're exactly right. The 62 mile meme is only a legal technicality under current treaties, the same way "international waters" is only a legal agreement. They will transgress these limits the moment it suits them.

Neopatriarch

Of course they, them, those will never let us alone.  A satellite home in orbit would be viewed as a threat to sovereign nations. Free people are a threat to the state. They might give their "citizens" ideas.

You all saw what happened to the seasteaders.

Maybe it's best to think that freedom only [size=125] begins[/size] "62 miles straight up".