Pirates Without Borders
Anarchy is only 62 miles away!

SATCOM for Mountain and Nautical Living

Edward_+_Teach

I was Reading the Packet Radio thread. My Tribe has two locations, one is Gulf of Mexico Beach, other is  Rocky mountains. In either location, cell coms go black and you are on your own.  The beach as soon as you go below the dunes and get dug in or on a kayak, you can not text.  In the mountains, you go in a valley or canyon cell goes black. Towers are near the city hives and after you get out in the bush crickets.

So HAM radio is an option, learning it, but it is gear and antenna intense.  I was wondering how others do COMS in remote locations?  We were looking at the X2 units at a backpacker store and am wondering if anyone has used these or other similar methods and could clue us in?

Thanks for any info.

~~Edward Teach ~~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

Ernest Hancock

Please send an email to Publisher *at* FreedomsPhoenix dot com so we can schedule a radio show on the subject (we can use Skype or...). This is a good issue that needs more discussion about what is needed and the available solutions.

Peace,

Ernie

602 717 5900
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »