Pirates Without Borders
Anarchy is only 62 miles away!

Field Nutrition & Supplements

Eduardo Blomar 1679

Iodides are important.

So important it is added into most table salts.  I do not salt my foods and do not get anywhere near enough fresh greens until our crops begin to come in.  I purchased some and use it daily - along with other items to 'supplement' my diet in order to fill in the blanks (of which there are many) in an attempt to not only live healthy and longer, but to boost my immune system during a Global Pandemic threat.  I say threat because other than LameStreamMedia and Goobermint shit-stirring, I have NO solid proof of the existence of any malady whatsoever.  I know no individual personally who has ever exhibited any symptoms of any viruses or that know anyone that has - much less than anyone actually being hospitalized or - God forbid - dying.

Hell, I haven't run into anyone that has had a cold, sniffles, sneezing, or ANYTHING.  Granted, I am isolated way out here - but I still have contact and go out and obtain necessities and travel and get gas.  I don't know about you, but I haven't even heard another human sneeze this year!

That said, I would like to share some of what I have learned in a serious attempt to support my human body best as I can in a situation where my diet is far from ideal.

Vitamin C

#1 necessity and probably the greatest benefit.  Readily available in citrus.  Remember #1 thing about Vitamin C: You can't get enough.  Unless it is administered via IV you could ingest any form of it all day long but still not have high enough levels to be considered "medicine" against a malady.  It is important mostly as a benefit COMBINED with the other nutrients as an overall boost to the immune system, but the complexity is in the variety of items utilized at the same time, or in timed combination due to contrainteractions.

Vitamin D3/Sunlight

Most Pirates get plenty of sunlight so additional D3 in the diet isn't necessary, unless a higher level is desired due to environmental dangers.  It combined with C is the best start to increased immunity.

Zinc

What Zinc does is prevent any invader virus from being able to reproduce in the human cell.  High levels are critical for antiviral action.  The main important factor involved in attempting to add zinc into the mix is that Vitamin C can inhibit the absorption of Zinc into the system.  For this reason, I start my C intake when I get up in the morning and take it periodically up until about 3 pm, and I take my zinc (I use lozenges) after dinner (needs to be taken with food).

Echinacea

Legendary herb known to boost the immune system.

Honey

I can't sing the health benefits of honey enough.  Try adding a tablespoon a day into your routine and you'll be amazed after a while at the subtle differences in life you will notice.

Fresh Fruits & Vegetables

Best snacks on the planet.  There was a reason it was always said "An apple a day keeps the Doctor away!"  Bananas (BIG source of potassium) will stop leg cramps.

Pure, Clean WATER without fluoride

Unless you are saying "but I drink water all day long" you don't drink enough.  Work on that and you'll feel better right away.

In addition to the above I also personally take Selenium, K2, CoQ10, Dandelion Root, Turmeric/Circumin, fish oil (lowers blood pressure), Glucosamine with MSM (Joint Health), and periodic Acidophilus to aid in digestion.

I hope this helps you at least think about living healthier.  No one will take as good care of you AS YOU CAN!

Eduardo Blomar 1679
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »