Pirates Without Borders
Anarchy is only 62 miles away!

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

Doug · 6 · 31066

Doug

The cob webs, in this forum, seem to only collect SPAM!! I wonder if it is, Freedom SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Davi

I have a feeling this is going to be an ongoing struggle. I've just spent the morning clearing it out, and removing the bot users. But I have a feeling the best defense against noise is signal. Right now there's not a lot of traffic in the forum. When there is more traffic the occasional SPAM will seem irrelevant. It's a ratio problem. My goal is too keep it below the Facebook unsolicited advertisement ratio.

Spartacus

Marc Stevens handles it by having everyone email him to request a user name for access before they can post.

Davi

Quote from: Spartacus post_id=8870 time=1568746945 user_id=1010

Marc Stevens handles it by having everyone email him to request a user name for access before they can post.

That's how you build an echo chamber. I'm trying to build a resonance generator.

Spartacus

I get your point, but he doesn't vet people he simply uses that as a tool to prevent bots.  It seems to work although perhaps some will self sensor by not choosing to send an email request for access.

cameron

• Precariat Designer
I've been working on this new forum and have cleaned up all the spam. Hopefully the new system will be less susceptible to the Russian bots.