How to talk to sons about sex?

Meet other pirates here, introduce yourself and chat.
GinaGercenslela

How to talk to sons about sex?

Postby GinaGercenslela » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi I'm Gina.
I'm mother of two wonderful 10 years sons. Their father has left us 8 years ago.
I have a question, maybe some of you can help me?
At what age should a parent teach their son about ‘sex’ if there is no father around or would it be better for the kid to have a male family member to do this?
It really bothers me because i've found adult magazine in their room today.
Should I talk to them by miself or ask my brother to do it?

Hope someone had the same problem and can advise me anything.
By the way, here is the photo of my sons:
Happy mother of two great sons...
Davi

Re: How to talk to sons about sex?

Postby Davi » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:13 am

Hey Gina, welcome to the party. I've never raised boys, but I was a boy. I can tell you that 10 is young enough there's time to figure it out. But I can also tell you, a boy's mother is usually the last person they want to talk about it. But it's not like any man will do. It's got to be someone who has earned a rapport with them, like an uncle or a couch. Luckily there's probably time to build such a rapport if they haven't already. The other thing I'd add, in my amateur opinion, is that it's more important to be available to answer their their questions when they have them then it is to feed them answers on some schedule. And, worst case scenario, keep in mind that if you've got to bite the bullet and force the conversation yourself, they're going to act really uncomfortable. They're going to laugh, and protest, and probably flail their arms around and cover their face. But they will remember everything you say. And when the information is useful, they'll be grateful.